Monday, July 28, 2014

Brow Tutorial!

I've probably said this about a billion times, but brows are SUPER important. At least they are to me ;)
They frame your face and pull any look together. Now, I'm showing you how I fill in my brows. It could come off a little dramatic to some, but I've finally gotten them to the shape I like! Here's some of my tips and tricks to getting the perfect brow!



Here are the products I use to perfect my crazy brows!

The 3 brushes I use are a spoolie brush, an angled brush, and a small concealer brush.
To fill in my brows I use Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Ebony. This. Stuff. Is. AMAZING. It's so easy to blend, it's waterproof, and doesn't budge in this crazy Florida heat. 
For concealer I use Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. You can really use whatever concealer you want. 

Here's my bare face!
Scary right?! ;)

On with the tutorial!

The first thing I do is grab my handy dandy spoolie! I use this to comb the brows into place, mostly pushing the brow hairs up and out toward my ear. This is also going to come in handy later on!


Next, I take my angled brush and VERY lightly dip it into the pomade. I start in the middle, underneath the brow and trace diagonally upwards. 

After I've done that I define underneath the tail of the brow. 

Next, fill in the outer half and trace the rest of the lower half of the brow. You allllllways want the tail of the brow to be darker than the front.

Whatever product is left on my angled brush, I trace the upper part of the brow stopping just before the inner portion. I like a more gradient effect.

After that, I just fill in the rest of my brow! Now, I'm not a huge fan of the harsh look. I want defined brows but I kinda don't want to look like a cartoon character. Sooo....

I take my spoolie brush and run it a few times through my brows to soften the look. 

Aaaaaand for your enjoyment, here's only one eyebrow done ;P

SO, after I get my eyebrow looking half way decent, I clean up underneath the brow with a little bit of concealer. I've seen LOTS of people take concealer above the brow, & more power to ya if you do, but I find that look a little unnatural and cartoonish.

 Blend it out with your ring finger....

And were done! Hope you enjoyed! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! 



Stay tuned for how to get perfect winged liner EVERY TIME! ;)

<3 Caitlin















No comments:

Post a Comment